Nepenthe, American Belly Dancer

Nepenthe is a belly dancer in Boston, Massachusetts.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Leaving for Egypt Tomorrow!

I can hardly believe I'm leaving for Egypt tomorrow! To be in the land of my dance, to breathe in that dusty air of the pyramids, to see shisha smoked in coffee shops. If I thought I learned a lot from spending a weekend with an Egyptian bellydancer (the Dina workshop), I am sure that Egypt will teach me so much more. I will be back on February 23rd, and will be sure to post pictures.

I have been practicing Egyptian Arabic in the car, using the Pimsleur method. I have to say it has been far more effective for conversational Arabic than the class I took at the CCAE. However, I'm glad I took the class at the CCAE just to learn the alphabet. Since I've started to study Arabic, I hear more and more snippets of it in songs. It is great to finally get an idea of the lyrics.

Last night's show at the Middle East was great, despite the small crowd due to the weather. I set up 4 more dates for the next two months - March 9, March 19th, March 23rd, and April 20th. March 19th is a Wednesday and I look forward to dancing with a live band again.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home