Nepenthe, American Belly Dancer

Nepenthe is a belly dancer in Boston, Massachusetts.

Friday, March 7, 2008


On online communities, belly-dancers buy and sell costumes in a flurry of mad commerce, regardless of the state of the economy. Dancers with regular gigs must change up their costumes frequently, and there are always times when you made an expensive mistake, buying something that doesn't fit or suit. Unlike retail fashion, the wonderful thing is that we can resell. And probably only other belly-dancers keep track of the famous labels, popular designs, and latest styles!

When I bought my first Pharaonics costume from Audrena, she advised me that they have great resale value. It didn't seem important to me at the time, but it was definitely an experience to see how quickly it sold, compared to other items I've tried to pass on! Pharaonics are known for being well-made and holding together, and I've found that to be true. There is a bit of a thrill in knowing you had a really great costume. But there is also a bit of nostalgia, wondering how it might have been if you had gotten it to work for you. In this case, it was simply too long and after owning it for six months, I had only worn it once. In the same time, I had worn my silver great loop dozens of times.

So here is one last picture to remember it by - my apple green Spiraling Jewels....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home